Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Poetry

Somewhere In The Night

Somewhere in the night
A lovely vision flies
Christmas won’t make it right
But each year it really tries

We all sing songs of hope
As Christmas comes around
Doesn’t make one a dope
To wish for things not found

As Christmas comes and goes
We hope it’s better than the last
Since this is poetry not prose
I have to rhyme this really fast

This is a Christmas greeting
Bet you had that figured out
We hope this gives a meaning
To what Christmas is all about

Although we’re not close by
In fact, we’re far away
This doesn’t mean to imply
We don’t wish you a happy day

So I’ll say it in this line
Merry Christmas again this year
And hope you all are fine
From the ones who aren’t so near

My Christmas Wish

My Christmas wish for all of you
Is simple with a complex view
I wish you hope and joy that’s true
In everything you think and do

I hope the new year brings you cheer
With lots of laughter and fun
To fill your world with things so dear
And make your heart sing in the sun


I wish you love and friendship too

Throughout the coming year
May all your dreams come true
And may you keep your family near

May you make all high scores
When you study in my courses
And learn the stuff that opens doors
To be a success in all your choices

I wish you all of this and more
As we celebrate this time of year
I hope you have great fun galore
Even after the new year is here

No comments: