Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Party (December 23) Sophomore Class 1 Junior Class 2

It is Tuesday, December 23 and time for my 2PM Advanced Listening Class. Also another party.

Yesterday I had three parties but forgot my camera for the Junior Advanced Listening Class. Immediately after that class I retrieved my camera from the apartment and did two shootings of Christmas parties. I am missing the 2PM Christmas party. Maybe I can get some pictures from the students.

Anway, here it is Tuesday and time for another party. To my surprise, the Sophomore Newspaper and Journal Reading class I usually have at 3:50 all showed up to join the 2PM party. Sophomore Class 1 and Junior Class 2 are combined to have a really big Christmas Party.

Craig seemed to be the man in charge and when I arrived at around 1:40 I found him and Angelina going over the agenda for the day. It was then that I realized that this would be a really big party. What the heck - IT'S CHRISTMAS!

Here we see DJ getting into the act of coordinating the activities for the day. As they visited and coordinated, students from both classes began to file in and get ready to PARTY!

Also an endless stream of students arrived bearing food for the event. The Chinese parties usually consist of lots of snacks and treats to munch on as the party proceeds. This day would be no different as student after student brought their snacks in and put it in the community snack place up front to be distributed later.

As I looked around the room, I saw many students actively involved with saving the scenes for posterity with their digital cameras and phones.

Here a couple of students continue to trim the real live "fake" Christmas tree.

As Craig and company continued to prepare for the start of the party, students filed in, found their seats and casually waited for the party to begin.

I took a lot of pictures of students just hanging out waiting for the party. Of course, I got the bunny sign as soon as they saw the camera. Funny how all Asians do the same thing whenever a camera appears before them. It is not a bad thing but quite good, if you ask me.

In the back of the room, I found these Three Amigos visiting and anxiously and casually waiting for the festivities to start.

Waiting, waiting.

Taking pictures and waiting.

Taking pictures, waiting and even more waiting for things to start.

Finally, about twenty minutes after the class start time, Craig officially opens the party for fun. Merry Christmas!

One of the first speakers, Rio, bids all of us a great time for a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Here THE DUKE gives us a pep talk on the "Spirit of Christmas" and wishes us all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

The first part of the party was to play some games with numbers. The loser had to do something bad. Here, Eric, the loser, was forced to dance with me. I immediately took advantage and made him suffer painfully for his sins. Merry Christmas, Eric.


After a couple of games, everyone was anxious for t he gifts so the official Santa, Eunice, was called upon to pass out the numbers and then the corresponding gifts. Oh, how exciting this was for all!

Of course, Eunice needed help so DJ gave her some assistance. And who has number 17, he asks.

Summer's gift is so small, she has no idea what it is. Neither does Rio.

Here is Katt with her gift. She looks happy, doesn't she?

Katt knew what this was - a t-shirt from Thailand. Here she shows her appreciation for such a great gift.

Craig, too, got a really small gift of uncertain origin.

I got this really big can of fine Chinese hard candies. The students all told me that they were the best hard candy in China.


Angelina smiles really big for the camera.

Also, Catherine, the English expert from Guiyang has a big smile for the fun she was having at the party.



Smiles. Smiles. Smiles. All the students I took had similar smiles. Wonder why?

The room was crowded but all the students had a great time with their presents, the food and the spirit of Christmas.

More games, more winners and more losers. Here Jason was forced to say a few intimate words of love to a chosen student in English. He did a good job and so turned out to be a winner.

Hey, I also got a Thai T-shirt!

As the games continued, the tree crashed not once but at least three times. Seems the stand was not up to the heavy weights of all the trimming. Not a problem as the party did not even slow down.

Toward the end of the party, we all got together for the obligatory class picture. What a large number of students in such a small picture! Great Christmas Party.

No comments: